ICLD’s Trauma Informed Communications Course will focus on key verbal and non-verbal skills required to effectively build a trauma-informed workforce.
This Program Focuses On
- Trauma and the impact it can have on people’s lives
- Impacts of colonization, intergenerational trauma, and present systems on Indigenous People
- Trauma: Awareness of the effects triggers have on verbal and non-verbal communication; self, and others
- Organizational activities that foster the development of a trauma-informed workforce
- Addressing ethical considerations
- Providing trauma-informed support