ICLD’s 10-day Trauma Informed Practice (TIP) for Security Guards Course will focus on key verbal and non-verbal skills required to be an effective Security Guard.
This unique course teaches Trauma-Informed Practices and puts them into immediate use with interactive exercises using different scenarios that a Security Guard may face on the job.
The main objectives of this course are:
- Describe the need for a security guard to be trauma-informed.
- Discuss Trauma triggers in self and others.
- Differentiate between verbal and non-verbal communication Skills.
- Discover and practice De-escalation Techniques
- Explain the importance of Self-care.
- Explore Conflict Management and Discuss Substance Use and Addiction.
- Discover personal Boundaries and discuss Power Dynamics
- Recognize Vicarious Trauma
- Practice Crisis Management
- Value Professionalism and Ethics