ICLD’s 5-day Trauma Informed Practice (TIP) Course will focus on key verbal and non-verbal skills required to work with clients who may be recently traumatized or dealing with the effects of Inter-generational trauma.
This unique course teaches Trauma-Informed Practices and puts them into immediate use with interactive exercises using different scenarios that a worker may face on the job.
The main objectives of this course are:
- Describe the need for a worker to be trauma-informed.
- Discuss Trauma triggers in self and others.
- Differentiate between verbal and non-verbal communication Skills.
- Discover and practice De-escalation Techniques
- Explain the importance of Self-care.
- Explore Conflict Management and Discuss Substance Use and Addiction.
- Discover personal Boundaries and discuss Power Dynamics
- Recognize Vicarious Trauma
- Practice Crisis Management
- Value Professionalism and Ethics